NetSpend Visa® Prepaid Cards
A great choice for you and your customers!
As an ERO a NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card allows you to:
- Earn a $5 revenue share for each Refund Transfer funded to a card*
- Avoid customers returning to the tax office to pick up one or more checks
- Drive customer retention
- Reduce in-office printing costs
While allowing your customers to:
- Avoid check cashing fees
- Not worry about a paper check getting lost or stolen
To sign up to provide your customers instant issue cards in your office, simply indicate on your ERO application that you want to offer NetSpend Prepaid Cards or call Republic Bank at 1-888-676-2056 and request them. The cards, issuing instructions and a marketing kit will be sent separately from your regular shipment of tax season materials.
- Make purchases anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Easily track spending and account balance on-the-go with transaction alerts 1
- Low monthly fee plan of $5.00. See the Fee Schedule for complete details.
- Direct deposit available for payroll, government benefits, and tax refunds
- Load checks to Card Account using the NetSpend Mobile App 3
- Online Account Center where customers can view card activity and pay bills online 4
- Reload cash at any of NetSpend’s more than 130,000 reload locations 5 Find a reload location near you.
*NetSpend Visa Prepaid Cards must be issued and funded by a Refund Transfer with at least $5 between January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017 (the "promotional period") to qualify for this offer from Republic Bank & Trust Company. NetSpend is not affiliated in any way with this offer and does not endorse or sponsor this offer.
1 NetSpend does not charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
2 The Savings Account is made available to Cardholders through Republic Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC. To participate in the Savings Account program, Cardholder must consent to and continue receiving communications from us in electronic form. If Cardholder is subject to Internal Revenue Service backup withholding at the time of the request to open a Savings Account, the request will be declined. Interest is calculated on the Average Daily Balance(s) of the Savings Account and is paid quarterly.
- If the Average Daily Balance is $5,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 4.91% with an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of 5.00%.
- If the Average Daily Balance is more than $5,000.00, the interest rate paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which exceeds $5,000.00 will be 0.49% with an APY of 0.50%, and the interest paid on the portion of the Average Daily Balance which is $5,000.00 or less will be 4.91%. The APY for this tier will range from 5.00% to 0.72%, depending on the balance in the account.
The interest rates and APYs of each tier may change. The APYs were accurate as of . These are promotional rates and may change without notice pursuant to applicable law. No minimum balance necessary to open Savings Account or obtain the yield(s). Because Savings Account funds are withdrawn through the Card Account (maximum 6 such transfers per calendar month), Card Account transaction fees could reduce the interest earned on the Savings Account. Card Account and Savings Account funds are FDIC-insured upon verification of Cardholder’s identity. For purposes of FDIC coverage limit, all funds held on deposit by the Cardholder at Republic Bank & Trust Company will be aggregated up to the coverage limit, currently $250,000.00.
4 Some bill payment services are subject to fees. See the online Account Center for details about the range of methods offered through third-party service providers.
5 Fee may be assessed by reload location and may vary from location to location.
The NetSpend Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by Republic Bank & Trust Company, Member FDIC pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Transaction fees, terms, and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account.